Dr. Erin O’Connor
After achieving a Bachelor’s of Science at Eastern Illinois University, Dr. Erin O’Connor attended chiropractic school at Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa, where she earned her Doctor of Chiropractic. She then attended an American Veterinary Chiropractic Association accredited program at Parker University in Dallas, Texas to become an AVCA certified animal chiropractor. Additionally, she furthered her education to become certified in naturopathic carnivore nutrition by the American Council of Animal Naturopathy.
Before opening Vitality, she worked alongside an animal chiropractor in Geneseo, IL and also worked in an abroad clinic in Nadi, Fiji to provide care to people who can’t afford or don’t have access to healthcare.
Dr. O’Connor frequently lectures for various dog groups and provides demonstrations on canine chiropractic. She is one of the featured presenters each year at the Chicago Pet Show. She has also provided interviews for various media, such as local newspapers, magazines, and television. Additionally, she mentors students interested in animal chiropractic, particularly those from her alma mater, Palmer College of Chiropractic, both on campus and at her clinic.
Dr. O’Connor also provides animal chiropractic care once a week on Mondays at Autumn Green Animal Hospital in Geneva and volunteers her chiropractic services for injured wildlife at Fox Valley Wildlife Center in Elburn.
In the past, she has served as an Adjunct Professor of Anatomy & Physiology at College of DuPage as well as President of the Holistic Chamber of Commerce-Chicagoland. She also had provided monthly visits to Fox Valley Dog Training Club and Stewart Family Chiropractic, but due to increased demand at her own clinic and Autumn Green Animal Hospital, can no longer take the time away to do so.
In her free time, Dr. O’Connor enjoys scuba diving, traveling, cooking, hiking, learning, fine arts, and of course spending time with her own pets! She participates in agility with her dogs and recently dipped her feet into duck and sheep herding with her border collie. Dr. O’Connor and her husband, Dr. Nottoli have an Italian greyhound, border collie, German shepherd dog, and an African grey parrot. Don’t let that list fool you, the parrot is the “head honcho” out of the bunch. The dogs come to work every day, so you may get a peak of them behind the front desk! Dr. O’Connor’s dogs have participated in obedience, CGC, agility, duck and sheep herding, and swimming. They receive regular chiropractic care and are raw fed.
Dr. Erin O’Connor’s Curriculum Vitae:
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL – May 2006
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, IA – February 2010
- Animal Chiropractor, Parker College of Chiropractic, Dallas, TX (220hrs) – February 2010
(given permission to attend Animal Chiropractic Program with licensed chiropractors and veterinarians while finishing chiropractic school)
Certificates and Recognitions
- Tau Beta Sigma, Honorary Service Sorority – March 2003
- Phi Sigma Biological Sciences Honor Society, Promotion of Research in Biological Sciences – April 2005
- Microbiology Research Assistant, Eastern Illinois University – 2005-2006
- Sigma Phi Chi, Promotion of Women in Chiropractic – May 2007
- International Academy of Advanced Chiropractic Orthopedics Symposium on Upper Extremities – May 2006
- International Academy of Advanced Chiropractic Orthopedics Symposium on Lower Extremities – February 2008
- Clinical Internship, Noah’s Ark Chiropractic in Geneseo, IL – January 2008 – February 2010
- Parker College of Chiropractic, Certificate in Animal Chiropractic – August 2009, active upon graduation – February 2010
- Palmer Clinic Abroad, Humanitarian Service to the People of Nadi, Fiji – October/November 2009
- Cranial Sacral Therapy for Animals – October 2012
- President, Holistic Chamber of Commerce-Chicagoland – January 2013
- Advanced Canine Gait Analysis Certificate – December 2013
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners Certificate of Attainment, Parts I, II, III, IV – 2009
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners Certificate of Attainment, Physiotherapy – 2009
- American Veterinary Chiropractic Association Certified Animal Chiropractor – October 2010
- Licensed Chiropractic Physician, State of Illinois – June 2010
- Illinois Chiropractic Society
- American Veterinary Chiropractic Association
- Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Young Professionals of the Naperville Chamber
- Fox Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Holistic Chamber of Commerce
- Animal Chiropractic as set forth by the AVCA
- Myofascial Release
- Extremity Adjusting
- May also be implemented: core training, proprioception/balance training, muscle strengthening, stretching, traction
- Adjunct professor at College of DuPage, Health & Sciences Dept, Anatomy & Physiology I
- Mentor for Palmer College Animal Chiropractic Club
Awards and Features
- Featured on NCTV 17, Small Business Connection Dec 2010
- Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce, Small Business of the Year Award Nominee 2011
- Featured in the Naperville Sun, Chiropractors Help Humans, and their Pets
- Announced as Small Business of the Year Award Nominee
- Featured on NCTV17 New Broadcast, Starting a Small Business During a Recession, July 2011
- Mentioned in Heads or Tails- a memoir, by David Sharos
- Dr. O’Connor featured in “Expert Perspectives on Canine Health” in Naperville Dog Magazine, Jan 2012, pgs 18-19
- Dr. O’Connor featured in “Animal Chiropractic Success Stories” on Mercola Healthy Pets, Apr 2012.
- Dr. O’Connor featured in “Chiropractic Care for Your Pets” on SheKnows, Jun 2012.
- Awarded “Best Chiropractor” in Naperville Magazine, 2012
- Elected President of Holistic Chamber of Commerce – Chicago Chapter, 2013
- Featured on The Ladies Room, NCTV17 show, 2013
- Featured in “Animal Chiropractic: An Alternative for Neurological Conditions” in West Suburban Dog Magazine, Jul 2013
- Awarded “Best Chiropractor Runner Up” in Naperville Magazine, 2013
- Featured in “What Does An Animal Chiropractor Do” on Drop In Local, 2014
- Awarded “Best Chiropractor Runner Up” in Naperville Magazine, 2014
- Featured in “Helping Pets Stay Happy and Healthy With Animal Chiropractic” in West Suburban Dog Magazine, 2015
- Featured in “Animal Chiropractic” in American Council of Animal Naturopathy Newsletter and Blog, 2015
- Awarded “Best Chiropractor” in Naperville Magazine, 2015
- Featured in “Animal Chiropractic” in Raw Pet Digest, 2015
- Featured in “An Animal Chiropractor Can Help Improve Your Pets Life” on DogTube, 2015
- Dr. O’Connor featured in “Wellness Fair Goes to the Dogs” in The Daily Herald, 2015
- Featured in “Spotlight On Health: Dr. Erin O’Connor” in Raw Pet Digest, 2015
- Awarded “Best Chiropractor” in Naperville Magazine, 2016
- Wrote Book Forward to Let Food Be Their Medicine: Using Nature’s Principles to Help Your Dog Thrive by Kristin Clark
- Contributor to Sophie… best friends are forever, by Ted Slupik
- Contributor of “Onyx’s Story” on Naturally Raising a Puppy in Raw and Thriving by Kristin Clark
Dr. O’Connor’s hours are Tuesdays 8a-12p & 3p-8p, Thursdays 3p-8p, Fridays 8a-2p, Select Saturdays 10a-2p.
She also works out of Autumn Green Animal Hospital in Geneva on Mondays from 9a-6p.
To learn more about animal chiropractic, click here.